Re: [LI] KDE/GNOME Desktop

An X Server for a Win 95 PC (example being the Michelangelo X Server
distributed earlier on the PCQ CDROM), sets up a server on your PC on
which you can run X Clients from a UNIX workstation that is already
running a flavour of UNIX. Unfortunately, there is no way (or at least
none that I know of), by which you can run X apps on your local machine.
This is because there is no current software that can directly run UNIX
binaries on a Win 95 machine, unlike Wine for Linux, or maybe the vmware
vuirtual machine. Thus, such a server is only useful if you are on a
network and want to run X apps from a server running UNIX.

							yours,
							venu