[LI] Clustering

Hi all,
We have a nt based lab in our dept. where we run linux on one server while
theres a PDC and one BDC for NT. For some reason, the people from whom we
got our machines and servers (names not disclosed !;-) insisted on
installing clutering for NT. Essentially it means that if there 2 srevers
are part of the NT cluster then should one of the server crash the other one
can seamlessly take over. Now it turns out that we have no cluster aware
software and the good old ordinary softwares cant run properly with
clustering on NT (sounds familar huh?) what we wanted was that the home
directories of the users could be on the cluster's shared disks so that if
one server crashes people can still access their homes. The guy who had come
over claims its impossible on NT!! I want to know if it is possible on Linux
or not? So then we can run samba along with clustering. Also im not sure if
im using the term "clustering" in the wrong context? If somebody has some
something of this sort then please send me some pointers!
Thanks in advance!
Gaurav