Re: [LI] Partitioning

ADITYAN MURTHY proclaimed:
> I currently have around 50 MB swap and 3500 MB linux partition.  I tried to do
> a fresh install by creating a 50 MB /boot, 800 MB / , 128 MB swap and the rest
> for /usr.  But i get the error "no free primary".  What does it mean?

There are two types of partitions you can create.  Primary and logical
(extended).  I don't remember the exact number, but you can only create
something like 3 primary partitions.  Make your /usr as a logical /
extended partition and you should be fine.

Thaths
--
   "In high school, I was voted most likely to be a mental patient,
         hillbilly, or chimpanzee." -- Homer J. Simpson