[LI] I want to extend GNU/GPL to my patentable hardware cum software idea

Hi Linux Freaks out there,

         I am Sudarshan.P studying in the Vth semester
Computer Science at the University Vishveshwaraiah
College of Engg.. Bangalore.I am a very strong fan of
the open source movement and fell in love with Linux
the moment I read about the concept in PC Quest .
Working with it for a short while strengthened it even
further . At present I do more than three fourths of
my works in Linux.

        I have come up with a patentable idea which
involves both hardware and software.I have been so
inspired by the Open Source Movement that I want to
release it to the world as free technology. However
the GNU/GPL is restricted only to software.So,I
request the Linux community to come up with a good
licenscing policy so that it can be released to the
world as free technology.

        The basic idea behind my project can be
understood even by a COMMON MAN. So Please visit my
website at

        http://www.geocities.com/nopowercuts

and send me any suggestions,opinions or constructive
criticism to my e-mail address at

        npc_linux@xxxxxxxxx

Here is a short summary of the idea for you,if you are
interested.

          My Site deals with an idea for a new  type
of Energy Meter based on  Microcontroller technology
which  when  implemented  will totally  eliminate  the
need for  POWER CUTS  or SCHEDULED LOAD - SHEDDING.
(That sounds impossible , isn't it ? This idea is not
hoax . So dont start flaming me right now.PLEASE visit
my site and if you still find it to be a stupid idea I
myself welcome you to flame me).

          As most of you are Indian , you will not
have any problem understanding the term LOAD SHEDDING
or POWERCUTs.Hydro Electric power is to some extent
seasonal in nature . The Electricity Boards are unable
to cater to the demands of the entire population
during the peak hours of certain months  of the year.
So they resort to Load Shedding . Here the government
decides that only half the city receives the power
during a particular period of time , say one or
two hours a day and the other half remains without
power . Then the whole procedure is reversed . In
short each and every individual has to manage without
electricity for a fixed amount of time every day
during certain months of the year.

           Look at the lighter side of it ;-) Half the
city is doomed in darkness while the people in the
other half get the license to squander electricity
according to their own whims and fancies . My idea
goes something like this .

           "If there is a shortage of power it can be
sorted out by preventing users from consuming more
power than a fixed limit, instead of resorting to
power cuts.This can be done  by making them pay a much
higher rate per unit consumed above that specified
limit.This can be accomplished by using an Electricity
Meter having a microcontroller in it." This is
explained in detail in the website.

       THE WHOLE SITE WAS BUILT ENTIRELY USING LINUX

        All the graphics ranging from the background
,to the decorations to the picture of the proposed
meter were all created in GIMP.(This is
to convince all those who came to me with such
rediculous complaints as "It is good for some special
effects but you can't even draw straight lines in
GIMP.").Open Source Software is not for those who need
spoon feeding.So don't blame a Linux application if
you don't know how to use it.Is that CLEAR ?

        All the web pages used were entirely created
in Netscape Composer.The website was tested on my
localsystem on the Apache Webserver .And I believe
that geocities ,where I am hosting this website
proabably uses Apache for serving the webpages.