Re: [LI] root access from old sendmail boxes

Atul Chitnis wrote:
> Think of it this way - if someone finds a way to break Godrej locks in a
> known fashion, Godrej's reputation in the locks market would be damaged
> beyond repair, and no one would use a Godrej Lock again.
> Suresh - in future, don't publish the details of a crack, just the
> warnings.

On the contrary, I think this is something which is best brought out on
this [os a similar] list. Precisely for the reason that the bug is in
the
open.. warnings are OK but some of us are more curious than the rest.

And personally, I have nothing to gain by a more popular Linux, it is
the
user who gains by this. So, so far as Godrej locks are concerned, the
flaw
should be told as a reason why the people should not choose the
particular
type of lock, like sendmail. And NOT LINUX.

I guess we should give _some_ benefit of doubt to people. Not all are
dumb.