Re: [LI] root access from old sendmail boxes

Thus spake Suresh Ramasubramanian:

> The hard link is created by you on ~your~ box :)  As you see, you are
> telnetting to that server - so it assumes that your box and the hackable
> box are different.
>
> Or did you assume you need to get an account from the server you want to
> root, and do it on that?  [That can be done too <g>]

Errr... as Atul said, you do need an account on the old sendmail box :(
That try with the solaris box was on my LAN, and I was telneted to the
box.

I'm growing stupid (too sleepy, organizing a huge IT + MBA seminar + quiz
in my college on jan 21/22) :(

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian     | President, CAUCE India
r.suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   | suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx