Re: [LI] Re: COBOL COMPILER NEDED

On Mon, Jan 17, 2000 at 02:50:57PM +0530, Sunil Thomas Thonikuzhiyil wrote:
> Raj Mathur wrote
>     Raj>The SCO Microfocus COBOL compiler and runtime seem to work quite well
>     Raj>on Linux with iBCS... I just tested it out for a client.
>              Sunil>  Hi folks Cochin University MCA dept is switching over to
>               Sunil> linux. They need a good Cobol complier
>
>   Is it GPLed. If so please tell me the links  The very idea of swithing to
> linux was agreed due  cost

Minor nit on your language:

You probably wanted to ask if it was free software or open source software,
didn't you ? Please note that free software does not necessarily mean
the software is GPL'ed. Here are some other possible forms of free software:

http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Licensing/Open_Source_Licenses/

If you'd like to get educated on the distinction - please refer to the
archives of linux-india-general.

	-Arun