Re: [LI] How to change the extension of many files at a time

On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 08:02:39PM +0530, Binand Raj S. wrote:
> > $  mmv "*.cc" "#1.cpp"
> There is no command mmv on my RHL 6.0 system. Which RPM has it?

I use Debian (slink). Sorry I could not dig out any links from README.
Try a freshmeat search.

$ dpkg -s mmv
Package: mmv
 mmv is a program to move/copy/append/link multiple files
 according to a set of wildcard patterns. This multiple action is
 performed safely, i.e. without any unexpected deletion of files due to
 collisions of target names with existing filenames or with other
 target names.

HTH.
--
Do you support 'free software'?  Visit http://mvm.linuxbox.com