Re: [LI] I forgot ROOT password... How do i get it back...??????????

check out :
if u installed LILO :
type  linux single on LILO prompt it drops u on #
shell
then change password there
else
if u have Boot disk of linux
boot from it mount u r hard disk partition  to /mnt
 edit file /mnt/etc/paaswd
	1. find line have root in the starting its like
		root:X:0:0::/root:/bin/bash
delete X from it
	it look like now
		root::0:0::/root:/bin/bash
save it
	2. now open /mnt/etc/shadow  file and edit it
find line like
		root:Ade34sfss:0:0::/root:/bin/bash
delete second field
	and change it to