RE: [LI] kernel variable monitering

Hi
	It's interesting thing. Here are two techniques which I used, first
one is easier to implement because in 2nd one you should know what's
happening where in the kernel.
	One way you can do this is by writing a kernel module which will get
the values of the datastructures of the kernel at a particular instance.
When you run that process the module will take the values of the various
data structures. But there is a problem with this type because the linux
kernel runs as a single thread. You cannot have more then one thread running
inside the kernel simultaneously.
	Second is that you can make changes in the source code and make the
kernel log the values of the datastructures in stdout or a file which you
can use.
	With the 1st technique you can get the static values correctly. You
cannot get the dynamic values because as I said there is only one thread
running inside the kernel so the dynamic things, which you wanted to look,
will change once your process gets started. With 2nd you can see how the
dynamic variables are varying, but it's not advisable.

For monitoring dynamic datastructures we'll have to do some research but
believe me it's possible. I'll send you if I get a good solution for this
problem
Bye
Ajit
Best way to learn Linux is to put comments in the source code