[LI] Sound card is not recognize during bootup

I have a ESS1868 sound card. During bootup occasionally the card is not
recognize. While detecting for the card at boot time I get a message:

*ISOLATE PRESERVE error *  and after that I can not get any sound.

Funny thing about the problem is it happens occasionally and problem
gets corrected once I run sndconfig to detect the card.

I am not able to find out the cause for getting the error.

- Soumya