Re: [LI] which digital camera for Linux

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000 linuxfan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I am in process to purchase a Digital camera. Can any one please guide me
> the model well supported in Linux.

I currently use a Kodak DC220 (which I am about to sell because I am going
in for a more expensive model). While there is no official Linux support
for the camera, there are zillions of utilities out there that let me use
the camera with Linux.

The most common way (if you have a notebook) is to simply slip the memory
card (compact flash) into a PCMCIA adaptor and slip it into the notebook -
Linux recognises it as a FAT-formatted hard disk and lets you mount it.

Note that in an environment like ours (India), I would counter recommend
the floppy-disk based digital cameras.

Atul