Re: [LI] 3 button emulation

On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 09:41:30AM +0530, Aruneesh Salhotra wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a question regarding the 3 button emulation.
> What exactly is the use of having the 3 button emulation.
> Is it always required.

Well it's not required if you have a 3-button mouse :-)

Traditional X uses the middle button to "paste", for instance,
which is almost always a "good thing" to be able to do.

Also, The Linux version of Netscape uses it to open the link in a
separat window, if I recall.

So for folks who have a normal 2-button mouse, this is definitely
useful.  Pressing both together simulates a middle mouse press.