[LI] about JSDK

Hi

	I have some basic doubts regarding the installation and setting up of java
serverlet development kit and configuring the web server in Linux
1) Whether JSDK(Servletdevlopment kit) is a part of jdk1.2 ?
2) If not after dowloading and  untarring the tar file whether it is
enough to give the .jar files ie server.jar and servlet.jar to the class
path and start the servlet testing engine using starserver shell script.

3) whether the  apache webserver( comming with Linux) is servlet
enabled?.If we are using it whether we should use the servlet engine to
test servlet?
4)Next problem is with JDBC.  We are getting some databases as freeware
with Linux.For eg MySql.Whether we need a special JDBC driver for
connecting a servlet with mysql or whether a generic one is enough.Generic
one in the sense , any driver which enables java to get connected with
that database.This  doubt is,  for Oracle we need different types of
drivers to connect an applet and an application.Is there any special
driver is there for connecting mysql and a servlet.
Sorry for a long mail.I am new to this subject.  Any book or URL willbe
of much help.
regards
sangunni