[LI] Parallel Port Tape Backup

Hi,

	I have installed(configured) a HP Colorado 5GB Parallel port Tape drive on
my Red Hat linux 6.1 System.

	I am unable to proceed further in backing up the data. The scenario in
which I am is described below.

i. Cannot mount( /dev/pt0 ) as a mount point, error return (/dev/pt0 not a
block device).
2. Tried to create /dev/pt0 as a block device, but kernel does not
recognise it as a block device.

	I would like to mount the device to a mount point, format the tape present
in the drive, backup data onto the tape, restore data from the tape. I know
none of these, can somebody guide me on this.

Thanks

Regards
Mohan P