[LI] HP Deskjet 610C successful installation under linux

Hi Friends,

I am very happy to tell you that yesterday I purchased HP Deskjet
610C printer. I have successfully installed it under linux. Only one
problem I faced was regarding that

set LF<->CR-LF in the filter blah blah ... error.

I had already put alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc  in
/etc/conf.modules.

But after enabling Fix stair stepping text option
in Printer options everything was OK.

For this printer I have selected
HP Deskjet 550C/560C/6XXC series printer driver.

The test page from StarOffice, Redhat Printer Test Page, a picture
printout from Kview were great. As far as the colour printout is
concerned it was average. I think If I enable 24 colour depth option
in Printer option I will get better colour output.

--  Rajesh(ALIAS Shriram)
How I Configured my SiS6215 Card?Visit:http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com/linux.html

Web Site : http://geocities.com/rfowkar/      Email : rfowkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
Les Brown