RE: [LI] COMMERCIAL - Millenium Offer from G.T.Enterprises

Hi Khader,

Thanks for the info on slackware:
>I don't know whether you might want to buy slackware if you knew that the
>latest version of
>slackware is 7.0 ;-)
Understandbly I am new to Linux/Unix and presently use it sucessfully ;-)  as my
desktop OS at home. I would like to use and understand Unix/Linux better. Also
'am interested in learning C, so someday i can look into the sources themselves.
Perhaps that should explain my position.

>And regarding the purchase of CD's, it depends what
>type of CD's you are looking out for ?? ( I mean what type of software you
>looking for ;-)
I would like to see some more distros: Slackware 7.0 ;-) and Debian 2.2 (once
its available in cheap CDs).
And as I had mentioned in my last mail that the only Linux CDs I have come
across are the PCQ ones & there are no LUGs here in Agartala, I want to buy a
few general linux software CDs eg: Archives, Snapshots, PowerTools etc.
Surely I won't need/use all the software, but as in the case of slackware I
fear I may buy too old or obsolete s/w, and that's why i am requesting those on
the list with first-hand-experience for help.

Thanks again,

With Regards,
Shibajyoti.

Shibajyoti Das		   mail: shibajyoti@xxxxxxxxx
Final year EE
Tripura Engg. College.

 ----------------------------------   @}--------
Syed Khader Vali                  Debian 2.2.1 ( potato )
skhader@xxxxxxxxxx             Kernel 2.3.36
So Many Kernels                     So Little Time ;-)

Shibajyoti Das <shibajyoti@xxxxxxxxx> on 01/05/2000 03:31:53 pm
Now I am ready to spend on some linux software but dont know much about
these
CDs. The only Linux CDs I have come across are the PCQ ones and the RH6.0
ChipCD; also there are no LUGs here in Agartala.
Can someone on the list please help me to make a good purchase ?
I need info about the contents of the CDs espicially LinuxPowerTools,
Snapshots,
Archives, Science & Tech for X, Network tools for X etc. And of course your
valuable comments.
I plan to buy the Slackware 4.0 distro as suggested a few days ago by
someone
on the list.