[LI] Problem with swap memory

       Hi,
       I had earlier posted a problem with kswapd dying when doing
       heavy compilation.
       I received a solution to test memory using a utility called
       "memtester". I tested the
       memory and found no problems.
       I am restating mt computer config.
       I have a 200Mhz Pentium-MMX with 49 MB RAM and 72 MB swap. I
       have two hard disks
       a 2.1 GB one and a 4.2GB one. The 2.1 GB one (connected a
       primary master)
       is dedicated to windows and the 4.2 GB one (connected as
       secondary master) is dedicated
       to linux.
       I used to get the following messages
       "LRU list corrupted"
       "free list corrupted"
       now I get the message
       "swap-free: Trying to free nonexistant swap-page."
       I traced it to a file called swapfile.c and the following lines
       of code in the kernel.
       if (type >= nr_swapfiles)
            goto bad_nofile;
       ---------
       ---------
       ---------

       bad_nofile:
            printk("swap-free:Trying to free nonexistant swap-page.
       \n");
       What does this mean.
       You people can go through the code it is on line 151 of
       swapfile.c
       in the dir "mm"

       I think there is some problem with the swap config. Can any
       body of you help me with
       this problem. I am prepared to send the Oops file but I get
       different stack traces each time
       so I think this will not make any sense.

       If you people are unable to help me pls point me to a knowledge
       source which will help
       me to fix this problem. But kindly show some response to this
       problem!!.
                                                Rajiv