Re: [LI] Fortran

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, vsashok wrote:

->I have a funny problem. I upgraded to RH 6.1 from RH 5.2. (all courtesy
->PC Quest). I am a compulsive FORTRAN user and used it very well when it
->was 5.2 (f77, g77 and fort77 all use a f2c conversion and then compile
->the c file generated transparently. Direct fortran compilers cost
->money!)
->After upgradation, I found that my files compile okay and create a.out.
->But a.out does a core dump with sigsegv problem. I guess there is a
->confilct with egcs libraries (I am quite illiterate about these stuff.).
->Unfortunately, RH 6.1 distro didn't come with new rpm files for fortran.
->So can anyone help me with this before I spend hours trying to download
->new f2c and f77 rpm files?
->Thanks a lot.
->Ashok

Since basic libraries are different, there is possibly no solution other
than downloading or borrowing CDs and install the new versions.

Nagarjuna