Re: [LI] Staroffice installation

Aditya Deshpande wrote:

> Dear Kunal
>     Even though i have not installed SO recently I do recall that SO
> used to give the library not found error if you installed SO 5.0
> on RH 6.0. However RH 6.1 does support backward compatiblity.
> Alternatively you can download SO 5.1 which installs and runs
> fine on RH6.1. SO 5.0  does have a problem with the glibc version
> of the libraries.
>     Please elaborate a little more regarding Linux Distro version
> config etc.

SO50 don't install in RH6.0 due to compatibility of libs. However it
installs in RH6.1. But registration is a problem. Now with RH6.1 and
So5.1a, registration problem is not there. It works OK. So5.1a is
available with GTenterprises for Rs.250+50/= with versions for linux,
windows and solaris platforms.
--
L.V.Gandhi
MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA