Re: [LI] soffice installation

Hi Gandhi,

I had installed StarOffice 5.1 from a tar file.

All the things listed below to be done as root :

I untarred the file from the CD-ROM on which it was burnt using :

tar -xvf /mnt/cdrom/so_sun_51.tar.

It created a directory office51 and the I ran setup /net. Which
installed staroffice without any problems.

You may try to copy the entire office51 directory from the CD and
change the permissions of all the files to rwx:

chmod -r 777 Office51 and then run setup. I thing your problem is
only because of some lack of permission set on some files.

Hope this helps.

Rajesh

On Mon, 03 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> I have got soffice51a cd from gtcdrom. When I tried to install in linux
> with the command ./setup /net or ./setup in /mnt/cdrom/linux/office51
> dir I got error as permission denied. setup file is having r-x for all.
> How to go about it. I welcome suggestions fro those who installed it.
> --
> L.V.Gandhi
> MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA
> http://www.poboxes.com/lvgandhi  lvgandhi@xxxxxxxxxxx,
> lvgandhi@xxxxxxxx,  31882656@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rajesh(ALIAS Shriram)
How I Configured my SiS6215 Card ?Visit:http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com/linux.html

Web Site : http://geocities.com/rfowkar/      Email : rfowkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
Les Brown