[LI] fw: Random .sig quotes in Pine / Mutt

Hi all

Use this shell script for random quotes (something I missed when switching
to Pine / Mutt from Pegasus Mail). See man fortune for more info.  Enjoy.

I found this on http://tune.linux.com when searching for "random sig".
Here's the article (as printed by lynx)

1999.07.22 - Random signature file generator for Pine

Here's a quick little script that will generate a random signature file
using the fortune program and add it to your current .signature file. All
you have to do is change your signature in pine to use /tmp/sig.username
and you are in business.

   #!/bin/sh
   WHOAMI=`whoami`
   if [ -f /tmp/sig.$USER ]
   then
   rm -f /tmp/sig.$USER
   fi
   cat $HOME/.signature > /tmp/sig.$USER
   echo "-----" >> /tmp/sig.$USER
   /usr/games/fortune -s >> /tmp/sig.$USER
   /usr/bin/pine

   If you use a default signature, it will include it at the bottom
   seperated by a few dashes, then a short one line selection from
   fortune. I called the file 'pinesig' and aliased 'pine' to use this
   program instead.

   Author: Larry Reckner [larryr@xxxxxxxxx]

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian     | CAUCE India
r.suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   | suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Pascal is Pascal is Pascal is dog meat."
		-- M. Devine and P. Larson, Computer Science 340