       From: linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx AT internet on
             01/03/2000 10:45 PM CST

       To:   Rajiv Gangadharan/IN/ALLTELCORP,
             linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx AT internet@CCMAIL
       cc:

       Subject:  (LI) Cache problem in RH 6.1

       Hi,

          I have recently installed RH 6.1 in a 3GB partition and it's
          working
          perfectly except for one issue. When I ran "top" to see the
          usage stats
          I noticed that a lot of memory was allocated for the disk
          cache - and
          it keeps on increasing as more disk I/O takes place. It
          increases to
          such an extent that is causes swapping of idle processes to
          disk !

          I have 64MB ram and the cache ultimately increases to occupy
          almost
          50MB !   Any suggestions to tune the cache/limit it's size
          is greatly
          appreciated.

       Regards,
       Moinak.