RE: [LI] all ports in use???

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Milind Lele wrote:

> Check out whether your /etc/fstab has a line like this -
>
> none                    /dev/pts                devpts  mode=0622 0 0
>
> and /etc/mtab has a line like this -
>
> none /dev/pts devpts rw,mode=0622 0 0

yes milind,

the lines ARE there- actually, by the time i got your mail, i
had already rebooted :( my m/c- and felt verry bad- (i had to force reboot
the first time ever!) and now it works fine.

now tell me, what do these lines stand for? i understand that /dev/pts is
a pseudo file system (like proc)- something to do with ports- certainly-
but what? please enlighten me

Sandeep Singh Cheema