[LI] Sendmail delay in sending

When I send email using pine, the message instead of putting immediately in
the mq it looks up for dns resolution delaying the sending process sometimes
by few minutes when the internet connection is not live. I have already set
nodns, and also using service.switch file.  Still I am not able to solve the
problem.  This problem doesn't arise when I am using the simple `mail'
program. What else am I missing? I have also set background sending in pine.
No success.  Ideas/clues  are welcome.

Nagarjuna