Re: [LI] adding a modem

>very happy with the way it works.  Now i want
>to add modem, to access the internet. And i also
>want to set up a proxy on that for my rest of the
>network. So, can anybody help me out on this.

external modems is added and configured using
modemtool in the setup
setup can be run in a running system.

if proxying is not expected to be heavy, use apache
proxy module, if it is expected to be heavy, install squid

APACHCE
{
   edit /etc/httpd/conf/http.conf
    remove *#* from line
        ProxyRequests On

''To enable the cache as well, edit and uncomment the following lines:

CacheRoot /var/cache/httpd
CacheSize 5
CacheGcInterval 4
CacheMaxExpire 24
CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.1
CacheDefaultExpire 1
}

on client machines
cofigure browsers to use proxy with server as IP of linux machine,
and port as 80 in the above and port as that configured in the squid.conf in
the following case.

installing squid
edit /etc/squid.conf to suit your needs
restart [or start squid]
run ntsysv and configure squid to be started on startup.