[LI] Re: Buggy RH 6.1

Hello

    I am not flaming !!! but this time my personal opinion is that the RH 6.1 CD which has been provided by
PC Quest (or may be Red Hat, i have not tested it yet) is a bit but more buggy. The earlier versions of RH were
more easy and less problematic these are the problems that i have faced or am facing ----->

1.    On my very first upgrade from Chip's RH 6.0 many of the dependencies were broken and i cant even get what
all happened
2.    Then i re installed and then whenever i ran KDE --- the KFM crashed and then i had to reboot my system
3.    After installing RH 6.1 when i went to pcqupdt and installed K-Develop then i was'nt able to provide the
info on the directories when i tried to run it (may be my incompetency but then ....)
4.    After every other thing i now found out that i am not able to print or even linux is not able to detect my
lp port which all linux versions were able to autodetect it.  Now i am able to print in Win thopugh but not in
linux.
5.    When trying to compile my code for KDE i also get the same problem for the depepndency of Qt lib ot KDE lib
6.    Earlier  in KFM i was able to browse through my tar.gz files withought unzipping them now KDE gives problem.
(and when i try to browse through a tar.gz file all i get to see are some other directories)
7.    File extensions have not been associated or whatever (i am not that a X guy) whenever i right click on a
file and go to open with then browser and then when i browse through the groups i am not able to see even a single
app (which was okay with  Chip RH 6.0)

    These are the problems faced by me !!!! others i dont know......

    So i came to a conclusion that RH 6.1 is buggy this time

Anand

NO FLAMING (this is only a opinion)