[LI] Linux on nonY2k compliant bios/motherboard?

Hi,
I was expounding the advantages of linux to a windows user,especialy the
ability to run on older 486 and pentiums, when he asked me this question.
 Can linux run without problems on a pc  withaa non y2k compliant bios or
motherboard.
Sort of put me in a fix. I think it can, so I told him. Am i correct.
Can it really run on such mboards too.
If yes we may have a couple of converts to the linux fraternity

Normal is boring
Dr. Aravind V
email: aravindv@xxxxxxxx