Re: [LI] [offtopic]OpenBSD

On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 at 10:07:36PM +0530, Sushanth Sowmyan wrote:
> Who's Tom Christiansen ?

One of 3 or 4 "real" Perl gurus in the world.  Hates csh with a
passion, and one of his web pages - titled "Why csh programming is
considered harmful" is extremely persuasive.

He doesn't say how many of those problems persist in csh's more
modern variants (like tcsh) and I've never bothered to find out.
But the fact remains that /bin/sh is the default shell used by
system level tools like crond, atd, etc., and I see no need to
learn yet another shell!

If you want the URL I'd be happy to search for it; let me know.