Re: [LI] Selective network access

I don't know how to do this in NT, so check with ur sysadm.

In our college, we have 2 m/c, one with squid[cache proxy server] and
the other is our gateway. The gateway has a firewall that blocks packets
from m/c in to out unless its from the m/c with squid. This should be
configurable under NT.

Squid is extremely customizable and can be configured to shut out or
allow stuff based on:
a>Protocols
b>Files
c>IP Addr.
d>Domain names. , etc.
Check out squid.conf for details. Also see squid.nlanr.net
Set that as your cache proxy in your browser. Configure squid to block
all outside sites and you are done.

Note: The firewall is enough to see that all external sites are blocked
and internal sites are on, but you may want to offer selective access.
Hence the squid roundabout.

Other solutions possibly exist, but this is dimilar to the one we use.
HTH
Ciao
-sush

--------pankaj mathur wrote-------------