Re: [LI] 3D accelerator Video cards with OpenGL support?

Hello
------sachin said----------
>I am looking for a good 3D accelerator Video card with OpenGL support
>and AGP, supported by Linux. My budget would be below Rs. 10,000.
>Any ideas what cards would fit the bill?

I have these quotes from SP Road [ Bangalore , near KR Market]:
a> Creative Graphics Blaster eXXtreme -> 1800/-
b> i740 (8MB) -> 2800/-
c> 16MB RivaTNT -> 7600/-
d> 16MB Voodoo Banshee -> 5200/-

Well, the i740 is an awesome card, but troubles lately. Intel pulled out
and the i740 went out of stock. Its back now, but couple of my friends
exchanged it for other cards bcos of faulty pieces. Its said that the
ones still on stock aren't ok. Besides, their prices have also gone up
by almost 1000 from last month.

BTW, if u have a 10,000Rs. budget, try getting a Creative 3D Annhilator
flown in form the US. It costs between $210->249 there [ Rs. 10,000
odd], has 32MB SDRAM and comes with nVidia GeFORCE256 GPU. What more
could you ask for? BTW, this card costs 25,000 in India.
[Import duty maybe high ;->]
Ouch.

BTW, on the same line, any recommendations for a sub-Rs. 2000 PCI
soundcard?

Ciao
-sush