[LI] Wine and vbe error

I saw some mails reagrding error in running wine and mosoffice. I have
RH6.1 and wine 991212. I also had the same problem. I got the solution
from comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine.
I am reproducing the same for the benefit of the list.

> err:win32:PE_LoadLibraryExA can't load C:\Program Files\Common
 > Files\Microsoft Shared\vba\vbe.dll

 This is the problem: Wine has problems finding dll's in this directory,
perhaps related to the
 spaces in the path.

 As a temporary workaround I created a new drive for this directory in
my wine.conf and added this
 drive to Wine's path.
 This will get you past the visual basic messages.

 Further things that I had to do:

 - Use a WIN'98 installations

 - Add "-dll comctl32,commctrl,comdlg32,commdlg=n" on the command line

 - If you are using a non English version of Excel and it doesn't work
try "-lang <Your_Language>"
 on the command line.

 - Some buttons on the toolbar made my Excel crash (eg choose font
color). This is solved in the
 current cvs.

 With this Excel'97 works fast and stable (I tried calculations, graphs,
macro's, add-ins) apart from
 some display glitches.

--
L.V.Gandhi
MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA