Re: [LI] PCQ giving Sources instead of RPMs

Hello there,
This might be or might not be correct ( but worked for me all these days
;-)
Usually the sources which come have a configure script in their directory

So for such files the process is usually as follows.
( I assume that you have the depencies satisfied if not the
configure scripts gives you errors with what you might be missing )
At the prompt

./configure
make
make install

and there you are done . ;-)
The relevant files are installed ( usually ) in /usr/local

like binary files in /usr/local/bin
conf files in /usr/local/etc
and lib files in /usr/local/lib

For other type of sources, usually the
make and make install command does all the
work

HTH
     Khader.

Syed Khader Vali                  Debian 2.2.1 ( potato )
skhader@xxxxxxxxxx             Kernel 2.3.34
# 91-80-5262355                Extn:2527

"Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri." <spavri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 12/27/99 10:36:48
am

_installing_ a program. Can someone give simple lucid instructions with a
little explanatory note please ???