[LI] help in printer setup

Hello everyone,
I need help with my printer setup :

I have an HP 695cci inkjet printer attached to the machine, it is on LPT1, and it is working fine on the windows operating system, but i am having trouble configuring it on linux, the parallel port is not detected, i have tried the following: Tried adding a printer in the printtool utility(Gnome -system/control panel), when i add a printer, it gives the following message, printer not detected on /dev/lp0 , dev/lp1 , dev/lp2, and it lets me continue, when i add that printer, and try giving the test ascii page to port command, it says "error writing to port dev/lp0 , device does not exist, and the same error occurs even if i change the port to lp1 or lp2.

I Went to the linux site, and got the information to try the modprobe parport command, and then reload printtool and try again, did that too, but it didnt work. Please suggest a solution for the above problem.

please help me with the above problem

regards,
Pankuj Chachra