Re: [LI] [too-offtopic] SDRAM

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Rohit wrote:

> > > How long is a processor supposed to last for NO overclocking?
> > No one knows. I don't think that the people at Intel test a
> > processor for 10 years before they release.
>
> So there IS wear and tear there. I remember a prof of mine telling
> me that processors NEVER fail. How could that be? I had been wondering
> since..

Nah nah I even read an article in IEEE Spectrum which was about wear and
tear inside VLSI circuits. Hmmm lets draw an analogy. When you format a
1.44 floppy for 2.00MB, the tracks would tend to mingle or merge into one
another after some time. Bad example.

Maybe if I can find that issue somewhere and quote for the benefit of
all.....