Re: [LI] How to Restrict users from accesing some particular site

On  0, linuxfan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Best way to restrict a site is to restrict it at NIC level via IPCHAINS
> command. Proxies are OK but if the cliant disables proxy he can recah to
> that site.
> here is exact ipchain command.
> Suppose you wish to reject hotmail the via DNS name the coomand is as
> follows
>
> ipchains -A output -d www.hotmail.com -j REJECT
>
> Suppose you wish to stop a particular IP then the command is as folows
>

> ipchains -A output -d 209.185.243.135/24 -j REJECT

ACK. Use ipchains and block it at the IP level rather than using
proxies. I would specify the interface in output ipchain. To block everything
going to the 209.185.243.135 on the modem outbound, it would be:

$ ipchains -A output -i ppp0 -d 209.185.243.135/24 -j REJECT

Subba Rao
subb3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com