Re: [LI] How do I configure rhosts file in Linux

| Hi,
|
|     I am new to Linux till now I was using Solaris, if anybody can tell me
| how do I configure rhosts or /etc/hosts.equiv files in Linux ( Red Hat
6.1 )
| so that I can give the access to some trusted hosts ( without asking user
| name & password ) ?
|

| Thanks in advance
|
| mohan

Hi Mohan
You can do the trusted host stuff in Linux easily

If you are using the inetd service of linux there are two files to be used

hosts.allow
host.deny
host.equiv

Off-hand I think they are /etc

Check out the man pages for
hosts_access
hosts_options

Also read  /usr/doc/net-tools/README.hostname

and

$info /usr/doc/bind-4.9.3-BETA26/doc/info/local-hosts-file
regards
Aditya