Re: [LI] [offtopic] SDRAM

> but how to check it at a store? or before installing? what if u dont have
> NU? and if u dont have a computer altogether- u may want to pass the ram
> to a friend- or something!! there MUST be a method to determine the bus
> speed!!!

Yes. Ride the bus and look at the speedometer. It usually works ;-)

What are you referring to? Actually front side bus speed or the
speed at which RAM operates within the chips. I mean, the rate of
resetting of RAM switches or the rate of data transfer between the RAM
and the rest of the PC?

OK OK. Getting back to the point.. as for NDIAGS are concerned, for RAM,
this being a long time back utility written for DOS, can be had on a
single floppy [which can be bootable]. You simply boot the machine and
run
this utility. Checks your machine throughly. And is really simple to
invoke
from command line.

If you are at a store, you can look at the sealed packet.
There is no way to check the RAM before installing it anywhere.
If you don't have NU, using NDIAGS is OK even by copying it. The license
expired no later than in 1992 and it is still the best command line
utility
for DOS shells.

And if you don't have a computer, I see no need for you to check the
speed of RAM :-P