Re: [LI] ilug-cochin minutes

Shanker Balan wrote:

> new venue (or a sponsor) is currently top priority for the LUG and the
> members have promised to look into the matter.

New venue item is not top priority. I have observed that new members are
not coming in again for the next meet.  I strongly feel that the Newbies
are left in the lurch by not discussing their problems.  Let us ask them
to talk to us instead of the Co-ordinator going full-steam with a
one-sided non-stop talk which is in no way connected with the bugging
problems of the Newbies ;-)  Let one Oldie catch a Newbie and get to
know/sort out his problem/s and make him want to come to the next
User meet instead of bunching around in familiar groups.

The old venue at "MARUTHI" is still open.  The first 5 meets were
held at that place when we had only about 5 users' or so and Shanu
was seen citing the lack of Computers there.  JJ happened to offer his
place with his machines and we had shifted.  Now Shanu is seen
saying a lack of space at JJ's office. The offer of the large hall at
"MARUTHI"  is still open !!  It can seat about 75 persons.

Let us see whether we can have any Corporate chipping in with an offer
of their conference hall/s.  What about having a Virtual meeting place,
every Third Sunday on the Net ?

ragOO, VU2RGU.
--
Keeping the Air-Waves FREE.....Amateur Radio
Keeping the W W W     FREE..Debian GNU/Linux