RE: [LI] Re: Linux India Digest V1 #452

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> Been there, seen all !!!
> The monitor just goes blank and blinks and then the whole system hangs.

ok, In case you have not tried this one yet :
what about the horizontal and  vertical refresh rates for your monitor.
apparantly you can hose your monitor if they are not correct. Are you sure they
are within specs for your monitor.
I had this problem with an ATI LT rage pro card.
I did not have the specs for my monitor. I did it by trial and error and
prayed that I would not burn it.
I was as conservative as possible, it did work !
Thx
sathya