Re: [LI] Samba server

>Hi,
>I would like to connect my win98 workstations to Linux samba server. My
>Linux server ping to win98 w/s excellently, but I couldn't get the Linux
>server icon on my win98 w/s.
>What are the possible reason(s)?

samba may not be installed
samba is not configured for the local workgroup
samba config does not have atleast one browsable share

O'Riely's Using samba is available online. Supposed to be accepted by Samba
team as official reference (Not sure on this point - However ORiely's books
are
generally good). Check it out at :
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba/chapter/book/index.html.