[LI] Keyboard ,GPM Nightmares Pleeeeeeeeeeease help, IBM Apiva got screwed Up

I am having a terrible nightmares with redhat 6.1
Peeeeeeelease help.
I initially brought an IBM Aptiva for $1750 and tried
to install redhat Linux in it it was giving me
nightmares with the installation and after a few
trials the system went down so badly that i had to
return it.
i brought new HP Pavillion machine for $1800 and am
trying to install linux . the installation was a
nightmare.

Problems
1. as soon as i set the boot disk in the CD- rom the
installation started but the keyboard and mouse are
not working( i have the Keyboard with all the new
features like sound control and shortcut keys to
internet on the keyboard).so i decided to proceed with
the text installation . i managed to install the KDE
with Work station into my machine. after i rebooted
the NFS services while starting hangs giving me the
errors. so as an alternative i pressed the "I" option
to start an interactive session. every time i tried to
try to start the GPM the results are unknown the
keyboard starts behaving strangely keying all junk
characters when ever i press a key. i have no choice
other than to switch off the P.C then the pain of fsck
checking the disk. if by chance i manage to get the
system up and running i am unable to key in the
password as soon at the xserver login screen because
of the keyboard. i again have no choice other than to
switch the P.C off.

problem 2.
when i switch the P.C on the Lilo prompt does not come
up it only displays "LI" and nothing happens when i
hit tab. i have to get the system up and running with
a boot disk every time.

please help me in this i was using linux redhat linux
5.2 back in india and had no problems with that of any
sort here in U.S i am having a nightmare. i am
familear with installation of linux Trust me.

Please help me I need your help. because people are
bugging me because they say that because i installed
linux the IBM P.C got screwed Up is there a chance
that it can happen.

thanks
Ashok

=====