Re: [LI] Doubt regarding CPU clusters...

On Thu, Dec 16, 1999 at 09:09:27PM +0530, Raju wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	Can someone tell me how many CPU clusters are currently supported
> by linux? Anyone tested out how this works? Also referrals to some sites
> etc where more info can be found would be highly appreciated...

Check out www.beowulf.org. There is no real limit on the number of nodes
in the cluster; it just depends on the application you wish to run on them
(most large calcs done on beowulf are done using PVM etc) and how much
you can reduce the network latency between the nodes.

Cluster-aware applications are hard to come by, though. For a lot of normal
"server" applications (web etc) you're almost on your own. You might also
want to have a look at www.turbolinux.com.

-Taj.

Sirtaj S. Kang       taj@xxxxxxx         ssk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Univ of Melbourne	The "gui" in "Penguin" is pronounced "K-D-E"