[LI] Urgent : WINS ... SAMBA

Hi,
This is in reference to make a LINUX running machine visible on the
network, when viewed through Network Neighbourhood.
Previously i had 95 on my system, and i used to configure DNS, IP
address, WINS Server, Gateway .... and that would have completed the
configuration. Doing that i could make my system visible on the network.

i want to do the same under Linux. There are two executables, which i
feel are close to doing just that. "smbd" and "smbclient". There is one
configuration file which both the executables use. but exactly how
things are to be done are not clear.

I have configured the IP address, DNS server, and Gateway.
Now i want to know what applications i need to have on my system, what
settings to be made, where to make the changes, in order that my machine
is visible on the Network Neighbourhood on any Windows machine.
Aruneesh