Re: [[Fwd: [LI] sis6326 : For absolutely the last time.]]]

OK. This absolutely last time has gone long enough. Glad to hear u
didn't go for the 6326.

> The intel i740 costs around the same price.  Good value for money.  It >has 8 MB VRAM.  Don't know if there are cards with 16 MB RAM.  I think it >supports OpenGL or 3dfx too.  And what's more - Linux supports i740 :)

Well, till RH6.1, i740 was a trouble card as well. I have had X running
in it in 320*240 X 256colors. Ouch! BTW, even if u tried u wouldn't get
the i740. Intel's pulled out of the graphics card market. i740 is no
longer supported and it doesn't sell any more as well. When it lasted,
it was an awesome card. However, I hear the main reson Intel pulled out
the i740 is bcos of the i820 ( or was it i810) chipset, whoseon mb gr.
is supposed to be a derivation of the i740

>Hmmm.. yesterday, before reading your mail, have taken a trial card S3
>Trio/2
>with 8 MB VRAM. I think it is supported in Linux. And for NT, I have the
>drivers  with me... should work. Would publish teh results.

Best of Lucks! [ ;-> ]