[LI] urgent : Screen blackout

Hi
I am facing a strange problem. I am using GNOME and KDE workstation on
my system. The problem is there with KDE, whereas i havent experienced
the problem in GNOME.

Problem Description
Every 30 seconds on an average, the screen blacks out for 1 second.
I have tried many combinations with the Xconfigugurator, and i have
tried the bare minimum configuration for the X server (640*480, 8 bits).
But the black out thing doesnt go away.

Can somebody help me on this issue.
Aruneesh