[LI] Squid Problem

Hi,

 My Squid is not working. The /var/log/messages file
 shows this;

 linux (squid): You've run out of squid file numbers
 linux squid[313]:Squid Parent: child Process 457
 exited due to signal 6
 linux squid[313]:Squid Parent:Child process 464
 started

   This lines keeps on repeating. Please tell me how
 to increase my squid file numbers? And where to do
the configuration in squid.conf????

 i have 1500MB partition specially for squid files.

 regards
 Pinku