Re: [LI] sis6326 : For absolutely the last time.

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Rahul wrote:

> anyone else who wants the file? if yes maybe i'll post it
> to the list. i hope no one has any objections.

  For more reasons than one , I would suggest you put it up on some www
site - if you cant find any - mail it to me and I'll upload it someplace.
  Think of this : Not everyone on this list has a SiS6326 - in fact very
few have it , and most of whom have it also have already fixed it - so the
number of people that want it is very very tiny .Therefore , posting to
the list is going to be a huge waste to a lot of people - AND - it would
probably be an attachment... so it would go to admin , ... and he would
have to spend more time , checking if he should allow the mail to go
through etc.... do we *really* wanna disturb so many people? isn't is
*loads* simpler ftp-ing it someplace and getting people to use wget as
they please ?
  Next , 3 weeks from now , a newbie joins the list , ... and he says "i
have a sis 6326" - are you going to do the whole thing all over again?
email it once more ? and what if you're not available ... or you
unsubscribed from LI or one of so many inifinite number of weird
possibilities?
  So it boils down to this - take the trouble to upload it to the www and
make sure you post the actual url on the list - list admin / webmaster of
LI and its chapters could put a link to the xf86config file itself , on
the FAQ or some such prominent place.
   You could even consider getting a "rememberable" url re-direction like
"http://sis.cjb.net/"; or http://sis6326.cjb.net - you could write some
comments on the index.html file and post a link to the config file itself.
I'm *sure* it would be of use since sis6326,yamaha sound cards are all the
time making waves on the list....

 -Ravi.