Re: [LI] Athlon

Hi there,
For the best utilisation of an Athlon, I think you must try
out 2.3.31-xx kernel. They have better support for Athlon,
but beware they are unstable. So, Unless you are ready to
take some risk you should not. Anyway I am running happily on
bleeding edge without any problems.
TIA
     Khader

Syed Khader Vali                  Debian 2.2.1 ( potato )
skhader@xxxxxxxxxx             Kernel 2.3.32-pre2
# 91-80-5262355                Extn:2527

Sushanth Sowmyan <sush@xxxxxxx> on 12/13/99 09:40:46 PM

I might be getting an Athlon-600 soon(big impprovement from my P-60). In
the last b'lore ilug meet, we could not load Debian(I think2.1)
RH6.1(kernel2.2.12 or 13 ) was working fine. Apparently, RH5.2 also gave
trouble later. So am I ok as long as I boot up a kernel >= 2.2 ? Or are
there any other issues?