Re: [LI] My first question

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Rohit wrote:

Arun19> > Hello there,
Arun19> > I am a dashing young stud of 16, studying in Bangalore. My very
Arun19> > first

Rohit> Some things to point out.
Rohit> 1. We are not interested in your sex-appeal.

  Actually I am ;-))))  !!!@
  </grin>

Rohit> 2. People here are rather better behaved.

  oh? dude chill , you really shouldn't curb this kid's enthu 'cuz he says
he's a guy of 16 and he's looked thro' man pages | kernel sources [ which
even *I* have not bothered to look thro' ... the *I* because i've been
using linux for awhile , and I'm older , and a more so called
"professional" guy ... which goes to show that *qualifications* are just
hypocrisy. One could be "software developer" and not know anything about
anything ... same thing happening here.. a 16 year old dude plays around
with the kernel sources while most of us [ i believe ] dont hack linux
kernel's everyday...  ]

  The Rules/Guidelines/FAQ of the Linux-Kernel Mailing List itself is a
beautifully written piece ... I recommend everyone reads that and tries to
follow it even on LI ... would ease up list admin's work and would also be
kind on other people's anger - it is available at :
http://www.tux.org/lkml
  Its a 135 kb-ish file - be warned.

- Ravi.